STIR IT UP: AOTEAROA'S TRIBUTE TO BOB MARLEY - Various Artists
PRICE $19.99 (AUD)
In stock and Ready to Ship
- Various Artists
- STIR IT UP: AOTEAROA'S TRIBUTE TO BOB MARLEY
- Universal Music - Sony Dadc
- Barcode No.:
- New Zealand
This is an estimate only, shipping to your postcode may be more or less. Exact shipping charge is shown at checkout.
No other individual artist has had a greater impact on New Zealand music than Bob Marley. As the figurehead of reggae, Rastafarianism and selfassertion politics, Marley made such a powerful impact in this country in the 70s that all these aspects of his personality and music resonate with us even now, in the second decade of the 21st century..
This specially commissioned collection allows 15 local artists the opportunity to connect with the spirit of Marley and his music, but each adds their own distinctive — and often identifiably South Pacific – take to these important songs. And look at how diverse these artists are, from deep roots musicians like Unity Pacific and David Grace (formerly of the seminal reggae band Dread Beat and Blood) through reggae loyalists House of Shem and Tomorrow People to soulful singers such as Aaradhna, Hollie Smith and Vince Harder.
Stir It Up – wrapped in a striking cover portrait by Askew capturing Marley's humanity and which incorporates previously unseen photos by Graham Hooper shot at the '79 concert in Auckland's Western Springs – is a heartfelt tribute to a legendary musician whose work, 35 years after his passing, still reaches across time and distance to be affecting and important.
Welcome to his world. And yours.
- Tiki Taane Get Up Stand Up
- Tomorrow People Buffalo Soldier
- Vince Harder And The HMG Choir One Love / People Get Ready
- Aaradhna Could You Be Loved
- Trinity Roots Waiting In Vain
- House Of Shem So Much Trouble In The World
- Thomas Oliver Is This Love
- Bic Runga Redemption Song
- Laughton Kora I Shot The Sheriff
- Drax Project Turn Your Lights Down Low
- Anika Moa Three Little Birds
- David Grace Natural Mystic
- Katchafire Punky Reggae Party
- Unity Pacific Exodus
- Hollie Smith No Woman No Cry