NEW ORDER PRESENTS: BE MUSIC - Various Artists
PRICE $34.99 (AUD)
In stock and Ready to Ship
- Various Artists
- NEW ORDER PRESENTS: BE MUSIC
- Rhythm Method
- Barcode No.:
- New Zealand
This is an estimate only, shipping to your postcode may be more or less. Exact shipping charge is shown at checkout.
Be Music is a collection of tracks produced & remixed by members of New Order between 1982 & 2015. All tracks have been digitally remastered for this compilation.
The generic tag Be Music was first used in 1981 and covered studio production work by all four members of New Order: Bernard Sumner, Peter Hook, Stephen Morris and Gillian Gilbert. Sumner often teamed with Donald 'Dojo' Johnson of A Certain Ratio, including the pioneering electro cuts featured here by Quando Quango, 52nd Street, Marcel King, Paul Haig and Surprize. Morris and Gilbert worked with Thick Pigeon, Life, Red Turns To and also 52nd Street. Although more rock orientated, Hook proved he was no slouch on the dancefloor either with the mighty Fate/Hate by Nyam Nyam.
Opting to distance themselves from previous producer Martin Hannett, New Order began self-producing in 1982, starting with the classic "Everything's Gone Green".
Encouraged by their management and label while embracing cutting-edge technology, the band were keen to experiment with new sounds. Working with young outfits gave them an opportunity to revisit sounds discovered on the dance-floor of clubs in New York circa 1982-83.
New Order handled production on tracks that later made their way full-circle back to New York. Many of these tunes are now regarded as classics of their era.
Disc 1 features production by Bernard Summer.
Disc 2 features production and remixes from Stephen Morris & Gillan Gilbert.
Disc 3 features production work from Peter Hook and the group collectively.
All tracks (12 on vinyl, 36 on the CD) are newly remastered. The liner notes feature commentary on the tracks by the artists and also members of New Order.
- Quando Quango Love Tempo
- Marcel King Reach For Love
- 52nd Street Cool As Ice
- Section 25 Looking From A Hilltop (Megamix)
- Nyam Nyam Fate/Hate
- The Beat Club Security (Remix)
- Paul Haig The Only Truth
- Shark Vegas You Hurt Me
- Marcel King Keep On Dancin
- Section 25 Reflection
- Quando Quango Tingle
- Surprise Over Italia
- .52nd Street Can't Afford
- Thick Pigeon Babcock + Wilcox
- A Certain Ratio Bootsy (Swingfire Mix)
- Factory Floor (Real Love)
- Section 25 Another Hilltop
- The Other Two Inside
- Marnie The Hunter (Remix)
- Fujiya & Miyagi Daggers (Remix)
- Tim Burgess Oh Men (02 Remix)
- Factory Floor A Wooden Box (Remix)
- Life Tell Me
- Life Tell Me (Theme)
- Peter Hook Lavolta Lakota Theme
- Section 25 Knew Noise
- Stockholm Monsters All At Once
- The Royal Family & The Poor Motherland
- Winston Tong Theoretical China
- The Beat Club Security (Dub)
- Marcel King Reach For Love (US Mix)
- Thick Pigeon Jess + Bart (Remix)
- Red Turns To Deep Sleep
- Ad Infinitum Telstar
- Section 25 Sakura
- New Order Video 586